Thursday, August 14, 2008

Doodlewall


A wall of doodles.
A doodlewall!
My favourite parts are the man pointing a gun at a waffle, the guy telling a sock-puppet to take his hand, and Iron Man passed out over a foot-stool. It turned out well, so I may do a few more some time.


I'd like to share with you part of a conversation I had a few hours ago. It goes a-something like this:

Name withheld says:
scott i wish to impart some wisdom to you
Scott says:
Please do.
Name withheld says:
when bored and tired, but unfailingly awake at 1:44am. do not become curious and punch yourself in the face
Name withheld says:
it hurts more than you would expect
Scott says:
...
Name withheld says:
it's cold and my right hand is numb. thought i'd give it a go


There's a very fine line between genius and insanity.
I like to think this particular friend of mine has built a small hut on that fine line, where he lives as a hermit. Of course, this friend is sane enough to know he doesn't want his auto-face-punching-escapades known to all our friends, and has asked that I withhold his name. A few of you probably know who it is without me having to say anything at all.
Perhaps his genius lies in giving anything a go once for the experience and a story to tell. Even if it involves pain. Or maybe that's the craziness. I'm no psycho-analyst.
Sure doesn't stop me from pretending to be one, however.

2 comments: