Friday, October 28, 2011

On Doing Better


All my drawings up to this point have been flat and two-dimensional. Not in the witty I'm-joking-because-they're-pictures way, but in the way that they lack a sense of physical depth to the scene. It really pisses me off, and is one of the reasons I start disliking most of them as soon as they're finished. Today's (actually Tuesday's) drawing is my first real attempt at breaking out of that 2D habit I have. That and the other habit of drawing only the subject and background. I tried to make this more visually appealing by showing more happening than somebody/thing just standing there, and I think I did that.


In my mind, this is the first step in the journey out of The Gap.

1 comment:

  1. Silly selection thing.... I'm not anonymous! I'mm Robbie!

    THis is a very fine picture! I enjoy if every time! I eagle-ly await your next, sir! Like an eagle.... All feathery and.... Look, it seemed funnier in my head and my backspace key doesn't work...

    No, YOU get it fixed then!

    Jesus.....

    ReplyDelete