Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't argue with the bottlecap, Mr Jones

The bottlecap doesn't lie.
The bottlecap never lies.
I've been getting a whole lot of pressure from friends to make a Facebook page. Don't you people understand that I can't be arsed? It'll just be Myspace all over again! I hate Myspace!
Why can't you just email me those wedding photos? Or call to tell me about that party coming up? I'd be content with a text message! Facebook is not the default medium for communication and I don't need one, damnit.

On a completely related note, I've got the photos from Queenscliff on here now, and there are some I'd like to share with you.
Because I'm nice.
This photo was taken on the blues train. A really old train which goes about two kilomtres in one direction and stops to go back again. The four carriages each have a band or solo artist in there with their gear set up playing some songs. It's a really fun time for the audience, The Bedroom Philosopher (photo on right), didn't have a fun time at all. At first he was enjoying it I think, because the train was stationary (See what I did there). But once it started moving, the microphone kept hitting him in the teeth and lips. But he's a quick and funny guy, so it was all in good humour. Until his guitar amp seemed to die, and only the microphone was left working. The first half of our blues train trip was almost completely comedy-music-less. Poor guy.
Once we got to the other station, we swapped over to George Kamikawa's carriage, and he was a fucking champ. The Bedroom Philosopher didn't play blues, or anything at all for the most part, but George is a blues king. He had his slide guitar out, harmonica, acubra, and a beer in his hand. Any time he went to have a sip of it he had everybody shout 'KAMPAI!'. Awesome guy. I just noticed that his photo is at the wrong angle. .. Fix it yourself.
Saturday night was good, the Audreys were the main evening event. The sun was setting right behind us, and at one point was shining right into the eyes of the people on stage. That would have sucked for them, but it made an interesting photo.
You can see on the right there, Nathasha Someoneorother smoking a keyboard on stage.
That's pretty out there.

Saturday night brought Jackson Jackson, who were a whole bunch of fun. I had a dance because none of my friends were there to see me embarass myself.
Sunday morning was Tripod. They did a few jokes that they'd done the day before in the miniature tent, but the setlist was different at least. They were hilarious, unlike when I've seen them on TV. Sunday afternoon was Josh Pyke, who wasn't on for nearly long enough. And given the immense size of the crowd, I was surprised to see him do a request.

I've left heaps out, but I really don't want to type out a novel, so you get the abriged version.
The drive home on Sunday night was much shorter than the drive there on Friday. And far less eventful. On the way home for example, I didn't nearly get crushed by a truck in a merge lane. Good times. Good, terrifying times.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I see your mistake. Kilts didn't originate from France, it's actually "a france". A 'france' is Scots for 'free dance', or a social gathering where one is not required to pay an entry fee. These were very popular with the cheapskate Scots, and rowdy behaviour was the norm. As the Scots are wont to do, pants were ruined and a replacement was crudely fashioned from a tablecloth. Thus, kilts were born.

    France is a misattribution which is common in pub trivia. Whilst many Scottish nobles were members of French aristocracy, kilts as they are defined, are Scottish in origin, specifically from the Scottish lowlands. Similar kilt-like garments were worn in the ancient Nordic and Egyptian civilisations, even Mesopotamia, but the pleated garments known as kilts are indeed Scottish in origin.

    Correct answers are rarely found on the bottom of a bottle cap, just as rarely are they found at the bottom of a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I'm leaving this kind of comment, but I think you are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turn your head 90ยบ clockwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that a good comment or a bad comment?

    ReplyDelete