Saturday, April 11, 2009

"You're arguing for a universe with fewer waffles in it," I said. "I'm prepared to call that cowardice."

It's a Jerry Holkins quote, and naturally has nothing to do with this post. But I love it, so it stays.

So my friend, for reasons of internet privacy let's just call her 'Annie' (since that's her name), has given me reason to believe that I can SELL my chickenscratches. For you see, Annie works in a cafe that has local artists' works on the wall, which are then sold to people with money. I could totally do that.
The art-creating, not the art-buying.
So what I thought I'd do was de-cartoon something I've made recently. Because I don't quite think having a cartoony whale with big black lines around him, printed on canvas and hung on a wall, would sell.
Well maybe it would, who the hell knows. But I thought I'd do this anyway.It's not quite finished yet in my eyes, but it looks a whole heap better than the original. I usually wouldn't put things up here that aren't finished, but I haven't showed you anything in a while.
EDIT:
You can't tell on blogger, but the resolution of the new whale is over twice as large. I want nice quality things when I inevitably print them to canvas.

4 comments:

  1. Purely constructive critism =D You need to bring the whale out from the background a little. It seems to have less depth on the tail and it belly.... hehe belly! Also where did the bubbles go? O.o i liked them in the original.

    Must catch up soon and have beer and smash bros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whale gets the Ash Seal of Approval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally diggin on the new whale! If I was into whale prints, I'd totally shell out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about the bubbles. I may put them in there. And yeah, the depth needs to be a bit more defined I guess.

    The Ash WHALE of Approval. Seals have no place in this post!

    Sweet, one almost-potential customer. I'm moving up in the art world, people.

    ReplyDelete